Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shop Talk Podcast #1 - Gordon Adams on "Time Kills Deals"

OK, it's time for something new. I've been fascinated by podcasting for a couple of years now, and almost got involved with a podcasting project last fall. So I've been thinking about a regular podcast on this site, and it's time to unveil it.

This was a one-take, unedited interview. I recorded it using an inexpensive conference-calling technology which overcompressed the thing, so as a result I sound like I'm from Chicago (no, Connecticut) and that I have a lisp (also no). Nonetheless it was fun to do and I'd like to do more. They'll improve technically for sure.

Anyway, onto the podcast. My guest is Gordon Adams, Senior Vice President of Sales at Vue Technology, a maker of item-level RFID solutions. (Read Gordon's bio here.)

We're talking about "Time Kills Deals," an expression I first heard from Gordon when I worked with him at EDS in 1995. It's a great, pithy maxim that I've used ever since (and blogged about here). I'd love your comments. Enjoy!

(Please be patient through the 10 seconds of dead air at the beginning of the podcast... ah, the joys of being a beginner!)

Download podcast

Links to companies or products referred to in the podcast:

EDS
Holden International
Solution Selling

Errata:

1. In the podcast, I refer to Gordon's company as "Vue Technologies." It is, of course, Vue Technology.
2. Gordon was the USC starting quarterback for only one year (I implied it was several years).

(Photo: "Vintage 1" by coscurro via stock.xchng)

No comments: